Wednesday 1 January 2014

Playing a little

Today is New Year’s Day 2014 and I’d like to wish all my friends, family, and anyone reading this blog, a very happy new year! It’s started off really crummy with rain, wind, and more rain, so maybe it will soon be fine. Hmmm….

I’m beginning to go more than a little stir-crazy with the weather and the holiday chaos, so I braved the gales and went to my craft cabin this afternoon. I did three scrapbook layouts last week:

Catherine CameronJacob 1Louis First 2 years

If these seem small, remember you can click on them to enlarge them. The first is of my Texas grandchildren. The little guy, Cameron, is now 1 1/2, so the photos aren’t exactly current. I did them in “black and white” because my printer does B&W as a sort of soft cocoa colour. I’ve tried everything to reset it, but nothing works. My previous printer, also a Canon, did the same thing. With these papers, however, it seemed perfect. The paper is old but I seem to remember it has the name “Daisy” in it.

The middle layout is of our youngest UK grandson with my husband. It was taken just after Jacob’s first birthday (October) so is fairly current. I’ve had that star paper for awhile and thought the colours seemed to be perfect with his red shirt and yellow trousers, complemented by the blue in my husband’s shirt. The little animals I stamped, coloured with ProMarkers, then cut out. The paper is old so I have no idea about the manufacturer.

The right layout is of another UK grandson. I had a few photos I really liked, so decided to make a sort of timeline type layout, from Christening to his second birthday. The little animal figures are from his birthday cake. I saved them, as we do, knowing they’d be great on a layout! The patterned paper is Basic Grey’s Urban Prairie.

The other thing I did today is a little plaque. I found the card in a Simple Stories paper set, so I’ve used some Basic Grey (discontinued collection pack, can’t remember the name) and mounted it on an 8x10” canvas with Mod Podge. It only took minutes but I love it!!!

motto

It’s so fitting as it’s just the way I feel  when I’m in my craft cabin. It’s my sanctuary, my happy place, my creative space, and my favourite spot to just sit and think. I put together a video tour today but can’t get it to load so I’ll have a poke at YouTube and see what I can do. Watch this space……….

No comments:

Post a Comment