Wednesday 11 March 2020

New Craft Digs!

I really must  change that photo in the header...we've just moved and (sob!) I don't have my lovely craft cabin anymore. I've squeezed everything into a bedroom in our new house. It's not all bad, however. I found with the cabin (and British weather) I just went into the cabin less and less. Now that I'm in the house and my computer is here in the craftroom also, I'm spending more time in here. It's been a couple of weeks getting organized (that's "organised" with an "s" for my UK readers) but I'm nearly there. I'll take some photos soon but it's still a work-in-progress at the moment!

One of the benefits of the move is that in packing and unpacking, I've discovered supplies I'd forgot I had, and some that I still have to scratch my head and wonder what it is and what I have to do with it! Of course, this is about 16-17 years of collecting, so it's no small matter. When I started in card-making, all my supplies fit into a large shoe box. Then I met some wonderful crafting friends (we still meet up monthly after more than 12 years) and we started attending craft shows, sharing tips, feeding each other's craft envy, trying new techniques... and craft supplies just seemed to multiply exponentially. If you're a crafter, you know how that happens.

So here's a taste of what I've been doing for the move:




I'm getting there, slowly but surely. It won't be as neat as my old craft cabin but maybe it's as good or better as far as getting me to actually work in it! Please watch this space if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment