Thursday 22 April 2021

Still here....

 Hello. I'm still here and we're still under COVID restrictions more than a year later! We have no restaurants, no meeting friends in coffee shops, no going out with face masks, no visiting anyone's home (which includes getting together for craft days!), no meeting up outside with more than six people, no non-essential shops open, and no libraries, zoos, parks, etc. open, so life is pretty slow now. I had my second COVID vaccination yesterday, however, so I'm feeling a little more hopeful now. A few restrictions, like non-essential shops can open now, and more of the restrictions are due to be lifted in mid-May, but I doubt that life will ever be back to "normal" again.

You'd think I'd have enjoyed all this time at home to do lots of crafting, but I feel like I've been in a dark tunnel for the past year. At least we're now having longer daylight hours, which also helps the mood. Our Spring here in southeast England has been unusually cold despite a few sunny days. 

When I do play with my craft supplies, it's always cards. Scrapbooking isn't even on my radar right now since I can't feel very inspired about scrapbooking about staying in the house for a year! On the bright side, I haven't had to make any sympathy cards for awhile! Now it's all birthday cards, which is much better.








This last card has a blue line across it because I used the wrong camera setting, so had to try to save it as a .jpg. I really am all thumbs when it comes to editing graphics. I use Photoshop Elements 2018 and all I can do is adjust colours, resize images, etc. The basic stuff. I've got to get better at this, both editing AND card-making, or give it up!

Hope things are improving for crafters. Best wishes to everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment