Friday 27 September 2013

Finally ready for moving day….

Yes, it’s finally here. Now if we can just find the TIME to cart everything from the old (indoor) craft room to the new one… and do I call it a “craft cabin”, “craft cottage”, “craft studio”, or (on impulse) the “crafthaus”? We painted it early this week and thank goodness the weather has cooperated. It’s been dry and sunny, with just slightly warmer weather.

There is still a lot of work to do. I want some hanging baskets, container plants on the decking, landscaping around it, curtains inside, etc. The window and door trim was supposed to be a sort of russet/cedar/reddish colour but it looks brown with a little red. At this stage, however, I’m not too bothered. I just want to get IN it! The furniture from Ikea is coming next week, but in the meantime I want to get everything in it and sorted, ready to put away when the new stuff arrives. Overall, I’m a happy bunny!

Our kitchen also is almost done. We still have to get the walls tiled and painted, but overall we’re very happy with it. The only glitch was that our clothes dryer wouldn’t fit in the space provided, due to the tiling and the anti-cracking mat under the tiles. It’s not ideal, but we’re going to put the dryer in the garage for now and we’ve ordered another cabinet to put in the space. I’m not sure why two people should need so much storage space but we certainly do. It’s very sad, isn’t it???

IMG_0178

This is one of my favourite additions… a slide-out pantry. Then next to it we have a traditional one. I’m not sure if it’s properly called a “larder” in the UK, but we would say “pantry” in the  U.S.

IMG_0179 and fridge/freezer IMG_0181

It’s just so nice to be able to cook in the kitchen again! I never thought I’d ever get tired of eating out, but eventually (after nearly three weeks of it!) we did. On the few occasions we tried to cook at home in the microwave, we had to wash dishes in the bathtub! Not ideal!

So next week, we’re getting all the windows and doors replaced, and I hope also the kitchen tiled and painted. Then my stress level should return to normal. I’ve come to believe that if a couple can get through a remodelling without killing each other or getting a divorce, they can get through about anything. My poor husband must be a saint for putting up with me.

So then, perhaps soon I actually get back to blogging about crafting. I sure hope so as the creative urge is driving me up the wall.

4 comments:

  1. so looking forward to seeing the inside of your craft cabin.....very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing inside your craft barn too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh it's just fab Jane - love your cabin/house/studio/ - gang hut! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous ! Thanks for sharing, it makes me dreaming...

    ReplyDelete