Saturday 16 May 2020

Still truckin' along....slowly

Well, I'm still here, still trucking along with crafting. I've managed to accumulate a few new stamps and some other things. Mostly I'm just loving the experimenting with techniques from YouTube. It's really amazing all the wonderful ideas you can pick up there. For example, I am in love with the water colour effects ("Easy Watercolor Stamping Techniques" for cardmaking) as demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire. If you haven't checked her out, please treat yourself. She's amazing!

Another person I love to watch is GinaK. She has her own line of stamps and more, but she has some wonderful techniques. For something really fun and different, look at her "Outside the Box" video. Her cards tend to have a clean, simple look and you don't need to invest heavily in lots of things you don't have.

My youngest grand-daughter in the US, is turning 10 years old in a couple of weeks. She's at that hard-to-please age: too old for a lot of children's cards, but not yet quite old enough for the teen themes. I ended up doing this one;


I can't honestly say I love this one, but I think it sort of fits. I first thought it was boring and plain, so I added some gems in a few places, then the die cut out of the same paper as the frame, so that made it a little better.  I used my (very old) Cosmic Shimmer (I think Cosmic Shimmer may now have a different name) paints to colour the fairies' wings:


She'll have to move it around in the light to see the gold shine but it did make the card a bit more jazzy. 

In the last  post I wrote about my new Tim Holtz glass media mat and the Stamping Platform. I've used both of them now and can report I am over the moon with both. The stamping platform is larger than my old one, so much more useful. And I've watched the YouTube video where he shows how to use it and the differences in how inks work on the glass versus the craft mat. Who'd have thought!!!

And here's one more I did for someone. This was an ultra simple, plain card but the recipient liked it, so that's all that counts. I played with my Gemini Jr. to do this, but frankly I prefer my old hand-cranked Big Shot for most die cutting. The Gemini seems to not cut so evenly, but I may not have my sandwich just right yet.


That's all for now. Please feel free to leave comments. It would be nice to just know that someone is looking at this blog....




No comments:

Post a Comment